When you promote a mobile app through a FanLink, you gain valuable insight into who is downloading your app. You can turn around and use this data to drive more installs and in-app conversions.
To get started, click the blue "Create New" button and start creating your link. This article will take you through the creation process step by step.
Step 1 - Choose the Type of FanLink You'd Like to Create
- If you're an artist or label, you'll want to choose "Music" to access specially designed pages that route fans to the music they love, in the apps they love.
- If you're a mobile app developer, you'll want to select the "Mobile App" option to leverage deep-linking features specific to mobile apps.
- If you're neither an artist/label/ or app developer, you'll want to select the "Custom" option. This will allow you to create branded smart links & more.
Step 2 - Enter Your App's Deep Link URL
- By using a deep-linking service to point to your app, you can link users to the correct app store and send them to a customized location within your app.
Step 3 - Customize Your Link's Social Sharing Settings
- You can customize how your link will look when you share it on social media.
- Most social media sites will display a title, description, and image along with any link that gets posted. You should enter a short but sweet description of your app. Don't forget to upload an image that will make it stand out!
Step 4 - Add Retargeting Pixels for Social Advertising
A retargeting pixel (or "pixel," for short) is a piece of code generated by an advertising provider like Facebook that you can embed on any site to track visitors. When you put a pixel on a website, any visitor to that site gets tracked by the provider of the pixel. For example: if you put a Facebook pixel on a website, Facebook knows who visited that website. Those visitors are stored on Facebook, and later you can advertise to those visitors or people similar to them.
This section lets you embed retargeting pixels from Facebook, Twitter, and Google into your FanLink without having to edit any code. This is extremely powerful--later, you can advertise to people who visited your FanLink, or even generate an audience of people similar to your FanLink visitors and advertise to them!
You can find instructions on how to get different pixel IDs here:
Step 5 - Customize the URL of your FanLink
We provide you with a few options to customize your FanLinks' URL.
- Your first option is to add a name at the end of your URL:
- If you'd like to add a custom domain to your FanLinks, you can put in a personal request by following these steps:
After shooting us a message, we'll get you all set up!
Step 6 - Preview Landing Page
Here's where you get a chance to preview what your fans will see when they come across your FanLink.
- You can choose not to have your fans see the landing page at all by checking the "Skip landing page" box.
Step 7 - Review & Launch
After you've double checked everything is ready to go, press "Create FanLink" and you're good to go!